As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Leggings are a very popular fashion trend these days. We all know how expensive leggings can be. That’s why it’s important to keep an eye on them and repair any holes as soon as they appear. In this article, we will go over how to fix a hole in your leggings without sewing.
How to Fix a Hole in Leggings Without Sewing
There are several ways to fix a hole in leggings in the comfort of your home without visiting a seamstress for repair. Here are five ways to get the job done in just a couple of minutes.
Apply a Liquid Stitch
Using a liquid stitch is a great way to fix a hole in leggings without sewing. It adheres to synthetic fabrics, including nylons which most leggings are made of. Liquid Stitch is a permanent adhesive and can offer a more durable solution.
To apply a liquid stitch and in your favorite leggings:
- Wash your leggings to remove all the dirt that may be around the hole.
- Get a nice flat surface. Place a piece of backing paper on it to prevent it from getting the liquid stitch.
- Turn your leggings inside out and place them on the flat surface.
- Using any available plastic tool, apply a small amount of the liquid stitch to the hole in the leggings.
- Apply pressure on both sides of the hole in the leggings using your fingers or tweezers for a few seconds. Be careful not to come into contact with the liquid stitch.
- Remove any excess liquid stitch from your leggings before it dries up.
- Leave it to dry for some minutes, and you will have fixed the hole in the leggings without sewing.
In 24 hours after using liquid stitch to fix the hole in your leggings, you can go ahead and wash it.
Use a Fusible Web
Fusible web is a specially designed type of fiber that is mostly used to bind two fabrics together. Due to its adhesive nature, it can also be used as a perfect alternative to mend holes in leggings.
When purchasing a fusible web, make sure you get one that has a similar weight to your leggings. Most heavyweight fusible webs are perfect for denim jeans and may not be suitable for use on a light material.
To fix a hole in leggings using a fusible web, you need to take the following steps:
- Pre-wash your leggings to prevent a permanent fusing of the fusible web around the hole in the leggings.
- Carefully cut the fusible web. You need to ensure that the size of the fusible web is slightly bigger than the hole in the leggings.
- Turn your leggings inside out and place it on the ironing board.
- Put the fusible web on the hole that you would like to patch.
- Pre-heat your iron.
- Get a backing or wax paper and place it on the fusible web. You should not use the iron directly since the fusible web will melt instantly.
- Place the iron on top of the fusible web and hold for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Remove the backing paper, and your leggings will be as good as new with no more holes.
Get a Fabric Patch
A fabric patch is the most common way of fixing holes in any clothing. You can easily get a patch by cutting off the spare part from your leggings hemming line. You can also purchase patches or simply make one out of your old cloth.
Fabric patches can also be used to style up your leggings. You can choose a colorful patch and rock your world in a unique style.
To patch up the hole in your legging, you need to:
- Turn the leggings inside out.
- Get some scissors and cut the fabric patch. You should cut a slightly larger size than the hole in the leggings.
- Apply the fabric glue on the fabric patch. You can use a plastic or wooden tool to apply the fabric glue.
- Place the piece of fabric over the hole inside the leggings.
- Apply some pressure to allow the fabric glue to adhere to the leggings fabric.
- Leave it to dry for about 30 minutes.
- Turn your leggings right-side out and put them back on!
Use a Garment Tape
Garment tapes are a necessity to have these days. With the quality of materials that leggings are made of these days, they are prone to tear. To use a garment tape in fixing a hole in leggings you should:
- Cut a piece of the garment tape. Ensure you cut a size that can perfectly fit the hole in the leggings.
- Place the garment tape on one side of the leggings’ hole.
- Gently pull the other end of the leggings and bring it over the garment tape.
- Slowly, remove the protective cover from the garment tape.
- Apply pressure so that the garment tape can stick well. The hole in the leggings will no longer be visible.
Apply Hair Gel or Lipstick
If the legging hole is small, it can be fixed with clear hair gel or lipstick. The adhesive effects of hair gel and lipstick make them great for fixing a hole in leggings without sewing.
- First, apply a generous amount of clear hair gel or lipstick to the hole in your leggings.
- Place a piece of clear packaging tape over the hole in your leggings.
- Let it dry for about 30 minutes.
- Gently peel off the tape, and you will notice that the hole in the legging will no longer be visible.
Flaunt Your Ripped Leggings
You can also fix a hole in your leggings by turning it into a fashionable ripped design. Ripped leggings are trendy these days. You can get creative and use the hole in your leggings to come up with your own unique ripped leggings style.
Holes are common with leggings these days. However, with the above creative ways of fixing a hole in leggings without sewing, you can repair your favorite leggings and eliminate the need to go through sewing or buy new ones all over again. It’s time to enjoy your leggings for a lot more while.