As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nothing compares to leggings when it comes to versatility. You can wear them almost anywhere because they marry comfort and style. This makes them suitable for most kinds of daily activities including professional functions at work. With so many options, I scoured the Internet to find the best leggings!
- Top Leggings Reviews
- Lyssé Women’s Center Seam Ponte Legging
- DIBAOLONG Womens High Waist Yoga Pants Cutout Ripped Tummy Control
- Kindred Bravely The Louisa Over the Bump Pregnancy Leggings
- Homma Premium High Waist Tummy Compression Slimming Leggings
- 90 Degree High Waist Power Flex Legging
- Colorfulkoala Women’s Pattern Leggings
- Calvin Klein Modern Essential Power Stretch Legging
- Core 10 Women’s Bold Colorblock High Waist Yoga Legging
- Lululemon Train Times Pant 7/8 Yoga Pants
- Core 10 Women’s ‘Build Your Own’ Yoga Pant
- NYDJ Basic Pull-On Leggings
- Core 10 ‘Icon Series’ The Dare Devil High Waist Legging
- Lyssé Cotton-Blend Capri Legging
- Bioflect® FAR Infrared Therapy Micromassage Compression Legging
- Alo Yoga Women’s High Waisted Moto Legging
- LinvMe Sexy See Through Sheer Nylon Leggings
- Fjallraven Women’s Abisko Trekking Leggings
- Spanx Women’s Faux Leather Leggings
- What Makes the Best Leggings
- Frequently Asked Questions
Top Leggings Reviews
When it comes to the top leggings, there are a few important things to consider: comfort, versatility, and quality. Below, I’ve found 5 pairs of leggings that meet my expectations in most or all of these categories. Read through to see my top picks!
Lyssé Women’s Center Seam Ponte Legging
The beauty of these Ponte leggings is that the stitching feels like leggings, skinny jeans, and trousers rolled into one. It also uses a combination of several fabrics to give your skin different benefits. In general, Ponte fabric is double knit, unlike other synthetic materials that are single knit.
The inner layer contains rayon, which is a natural fiber that gives the leggings smooth, cooling, and machine-washable properties. These cotton leggings still incorporate nylon, spandex, and polyester to make the outer layer moisture-wicking, stretchable, and resistant to wrinkling.
As a bonus, these leggings include strategically-placed pockets to store your daily essentials such as a phone, cards, and keys. This model also features a 5-inch waistband that helps smoothen your frontside and keep the leggings in place.
These cotton leggings also give all-day comfort, letting you pair them with different kinds of tops, whether casual or semi-formal.
- Wrinkle-resistant and machine-washable
- Thicker fabric and knitted construction
- It may feel a bit tight around the ankles
- Features a front center seam detail
- Designed with our signature lyseefit to slim and smooth
DIBAOLONG Womens High Waist Yoga Pants Cutout Ripped Tummy Control
Some leggings may not survive frequent wash and wear. The DIBAOLONG Womens High Waist Yoga Pants Cutout Ripped Tummy Control are the best leggings that won’t sacrifice quality and functionality. The appearance of ripped jeans and the elasticity of yoga leggings make these suitable for workout, casual wear, and daily use.
With polyester as the main material, these leggings are resistant to wrinkling and abrasion, letting them maintain their original form no matter how frequent or long you wear them. Meanwhile, the addition of spandex makes the leggings lightweight and stretchable.
Even if this pair isn’t expensive, the leggings make sure that the materials won’t cause chafing as you move or sweat. With a body-slimming fit, the leggings will follow the curves of your body and settle there comfortably.
Thanks to a high-rise design, the waistband stays right in the waist for stomach control. This feature also ensures that the waistband won’t ride up or roll down.
Since these are Capri leggings, ladies standing at 5.25 feet and below may find this pair somehow lengthy.
- Slim-fitting design with tummy control
- Abrasion and wrinkle resistant
- Some women may not find the ripped design appealing
- High Quality & Garment Care: 92% Polyester / 8% Spandex. Power stretch fit, Naturally breathable,...
- Slimming & Shaping: DIBAOLONG yoga leggings is designed with 4 way stretch fabric is sweat-wicking...
- Sexy and Fashion Ripped: Sexy ripped design allows maximum breath-ability and fashion and will stay...
Kindred Bravely The Louisa Over the Bump Pregnancy Leggings
Pregnancy is beautiful, although it also comes with some discomfort. The best maternity leggings, like the Kindred Bravely The Louisa Over the Bump Maternity Leggings, provide versatility and comfort to help you go through a pleasant pregnancy journey.
Ideal for any stage of pregnancy, the high-rise design adapts as your belly grows. This is perfect if you want to hide your weight, baby bump, excess skin, or stretch marks. Even if you reach your third trimester, the stretching won’t make the leggings see-through.
With polyester as the primary material, the high waistband won’t feel irritating or itchy over your belly. More than that, the polyester also ensures the leggings remain breathable and smooth-feeling. The thickness also provides opaqueness and a luxurious look to give you sufficient coverage.
Despite that, the leggings still use spandex to make them quick-drying and wrinkle-free, saving you time in the laundry. Overall, this is an excellent choice if you want to enjoy the comfort of sweatpants and the feathery feel of leggings.
- Ultra high-rise waistband for protection, warmth, and coverage
- Premium fabric for durability and comfort
- The hybrid material is too thick for warm weather
- IDEAL FOR ANY STAGE - Designed for ALL women, these high waist maternity leggings are especially...
- CHOOSE YOUR STYLE - Choose from the Classic Style for a sleek, smooth look, or the Pocket Style,...
- VERSATILE AND FASHIONABLE - Comfortable enough for lounging around the house, fashionable enough to...
Homma Premium High Waist Tummy Compression Slimming Leggings
Giving birth means changes to your body and lifestyle. As you go through this transition, you need quality yet affordable postpartum leggings that expand as you move. The Homma Premium Slimming Leggings do that to provide waist control, core stability, and comfort.
Your abdominal muscles are at their weakest in the first few weeks after you give birth. Thus, you need the compression and high waistband of these leggings to help shrink your tummy.
Despite having compression properties, the mixture of nylon and spandex ensures that you get chafe-free, seamless, and tight yet breathable leggings.
During postpartum, you may also experience hormonal changes that would weaken pelvic muscles and prevent you from controlling your bladder. In times of urinary incontinence, the fabric ensures the leggings would dry easily, and you can wash and dry them right away.
Moreover, a four-way stretch gives the leggings quick recovery, allowing the materials to retain structure. This kind of stretch results in opacity, enabling you to sit and squat without causing the leggings to become see-through.
- Compresses the stomach and thigh fats
- Dries moisture and sweat quickly
- Tends to shrink
- Not See Through: Women compression leggings are made of prime material, thick and not see-through...
- No Muffin Top! Women tummy control leggings have double material in the tummy part, four-ways...
- Postpartum Recovery: Women control top leggings compress the belly in all the right areas, bring...
90 Degree High Waist Power Flex Legging
When exercising, it’s important that your workout leggings let your body cool down and won’t restrict movements. As you go through a fitness journey, the 90 Degree by Reflex High Waist Power Flex Leggings can keep you flexible, comfortable, and stylish, motivating you to exercise harder.
Thanks to the nylon-spandex blend, the compression remains comfortable against the skin even as you sweat out. The slimming high waistband helps the compression smooth out your midsection and streamline your silhouette.
Similar to the previous leggings, this pair contains a four-way stretch that allows the leggings to expand as you squat, bend, or lift weights. This kind of stretch also helps the leggings recover form, so they won’t slide or ride up easily, even if you have big thighs or buttocks.
Another essential factor is that workout clothes should be lightweight yet can endure daily wear and machine washings for several years. There’s also a gusset crotch that disperses stress around the crotch area, allowing your legs to do wide movements with ease.
- Four-way stretch and a high waistband for a flexible fit
- Comfortable, thick, and long-lasting material
- Attracts hair and lint
- Power Flex Fabric. Our 28” athleisure leggings are squat proof and will keep you covered whether...
- Slimming High Waistband. Our yoga leggings have a stretchy high rise elastic waistband that will...
- Hidden Waistband Pocket. Our athleisure leggings have a hidden pocket in the front waistband. If...
Colorfulkoala Women’s Pattern Leggings
While workout leggings are among the most durable clothes you can wear, there are squat proof leggings that are more suitable for squat-dominated routines. The Colorfulkoala Women's Pattern Leggings combines sturdy material and solid patterns to ensure you won’t flash your underwear or buttocks as you squat.
Like any other workout leggings, this pair utilizes high-waist compression to hold fats and muscles to flatter and enhance your figure. This feature also enables you to move effortlessly without causing the leggings to roll or crumple.
With a spandex-polyester mix, the leggings stay flexible yet thick enough to conceal underwear, sweat, and tattoos.
The inseam, which is the length from the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg, runs 28 inches. This is a full-length cut suitable for women standing at 5.5 feet and above. You can easily hem the leggings if you think the leggings are too long for you.
To seal the deal, these leggings come in almost 20 trendy and youthful patterns, letting you wear a different pair every day at the gym.
- Thick fabric and solid patterns for extra opacity
- Four-way stretch for flexibility and form retention
- Inseam might be too long for other ladies
- Crafted from our customer-favorite, four way stretch and slightly brushed buttery soft fabric, our...
- Seamless waistband design with adequate tummy control and has just enough stretch to hold your belly...
- V-contour seam on back and form-fitting design sculpts silhouette perfectly
Calvin Klein Modern Essential Power Stretch Legging
Black leggings should remain opaque and black in color as you wear and stretch the fabric countless times. Looking like skinny jeans with a sleek black color, the Calvin Klein Modern Essential Power Stretch Leggings creates a luxurious look to the otherwise plain leggings.
The leggings mainly use rayon, which is a natural fiber that’s similar in comfort to linen and cotton. The consistency in thread allows the leggings to have a darker black hue compared to other leggings.
Despite the flexibility, these black leggings won’t sag because of the stretchability components of spandex and nylon. Aside from that, a thick waistband sits high on the waist, flattening your stomach while ensuring breathability.
These materials also help the leggings flaunt your figure from the waist to the ankles. The length is right for women towering at 5 feet, and the leggings would fall just above the ankles. However, the leg seams don’t fit around the ankles snugly.
Since the leggings look more like pants, you can wear this pair for casual days, work, or dress-up events.
- Seaming down stretch
- Feels soft and comfortable against the skin
- Waist size runs big
- Pull-on stretch legging featuring wide waistband and tonal seaming down legs
- Universal match: Dress up or down no matter the season, great for spring, summer, fall and winter;...
- Perfect for any occasion: Wear Calvin Klein to work, while traveling, on a night out or simply as a...
Core 10 Women’s Bold Colorblock High Waist Yoga Legging
It’s bewildering why some women’s clothing doesn’t have pockets, much less in tight-fitting workout clothes. Fortunately, the Core 10 Women's Bold Colorblock Yoga Leggings are the best leggings with pockets you can wear for different occasions.
While other leggings now incorporate pockets, the problem lies in the pocket placement. This is where the Core 10 Colorblock Leggings shine. These leggings strategically place a drop-in pocket at the waistband’s center back, giving you easy access to your essentials.
Form-fitted to sit close to the body and eliminate distractions; a drop-in back pocket fits a smartphone. With polyester as the main material for the pockets, you can safely stash keys, cards, and heavier items like phones. In addition, elastane enables the pocket to stretch as you move without spilling the contents.
Like most leggings, this pair features body-hugging compression to promote blood flow and improve your breathing. The compression also gives the leggings better hold to prevent the fabric from scrunching or rolling whenever you move.
- Drop-in pocket for storing valuables
- Flexible fabric
- Some people may not like the color blocking pattern
- Built for gym workouts, yoga, and all-season running, this lightweight legging featuring a high-rise...
- Exclusive lightweight Onstride fabric provides light compression, wicks moisture, and provides great...
- Form-fitted to sit close to body and eliminate distractions; drop-in back pocket fits a smartphone
Lululemon Train Times Pant 7/8 Yoga Pants
Lululemon is among the most popular activewear brands on the market because it develops lightweight, buttery-soft clothes. This is what makes my choice for the best Lululemon leggings, the Lululemon Train Times Pant 7/8 Yoga Pants rather special.
With nylon as the primary component, the leggings provide compression for muscle support. Despite that, the fabric remains breathable to keep the body cool during workouts or high-intensity activities.
Despite being a synthetic material, the fabric enables the leggings to absorb moisture and dry quickly. As a result, you don’t have to endure sweat marks and foul odors as you exercise, work, or do daily chores.
What makes this pair different from other Lululemon leggings is that these contain mesh fabric venting on the two legs. While this feature boosts breathability, the mesh may not suit well on other ladies.
Another unique feature is the waistband with a drawcord and back stash pocket. While the waistband typically stays in place, the drawstring provides extra support and security.
- Buttery-soft yet hug-like feel on the skin
- Waistband with drawstring and back pocket
- Vented mesh panels
- This versatile tight has you covered from training to boot camp. The reinforced waistband lies flat...
- Luxtreme fabric is sweat-wicking, four-way stretch, and engineered not to shrink.
- Back pocket, mesh fabric for ventilation.
Core 10 Women’s ‘Build Your Own’ Yoga Pant
Yoga clothes should fit the body snugly, allowing you to do basic and complex poses without your clothes hampering your movements. As for the best yoga leggings, the Core 10 Women's Build Your Own Yoga allows you to see your poses properly and twist and bend fluidly.
Staying true to its name, these yoga leggings feel like made-to-order bottoms for your body. You can choose the appropriate inseam length, whether you are extra small or triple large.
One of the best things about these yoga leggings is that you can choose whether you want a cross-waist, mid-rise, or high-waist style. In effect, you get different kinds of hip and abdomen support.
Likewise, the waistband fits right on the waist to snug and hold everything in place. The inclusion of spandex and polyester creates a soft feel even as the leggings hug your body firmly. These materials also offer moisture-wicking properties.
Lastly, you can use the drop-in pocket to store essentials as you do yoga. The fabric thickness secures the pockets and ensures leggings won’t stretch thin.
- Thick, moisture-wicking, and flexible fabric
- Comes in a variety of sizes and waistband types
- Attracts lint and pet hair easily
- Snug, secure fit through hip, thigh, and leg
- Ultra-soft medium weight Studiotech performance fabric with excellent stretch
- Available in short, regular, and tall inseam lengths
NYDJ Basic Pull-On Leggings
One of the worst feelings is wearing uncomfortable clothing for at least 8 hours of work. While leggings are not typical office clothes, the best leggings for work would pass off as normal slacks. With the NYDJ Basic Pull-On Leggings, you would look stylish yet professional at work.
The brand uses a Lift Tuck Technology, which uses slimming panels with a criss-cross design to flatten your stomach and back curves. These bottoms use a stretchable mid-rise band for a pull-on fit.
The leggings may look thick, yet the rayon material ensures that your body breathes, particularly on warm days. Even with natural fibers, the inclusion of spandex and nylon enables the leggings to stretch and improve your mobility.
As for the length, the band sits right on the waist, which makes the leggings perfect with blouses. Meanwhile, the hem hits exactly around the ankles, allowing you to pair these with heels or flats.
The leggings look like a dressy pair of slacks or your office uniform because of the solid black tone. As you incorporate these leggings into your usual wardrobe, you can stay comfortable sitting or standing for hours and survive another workday.
- Solid tone color with stretchable fabric
- Contouring construction with a breathable feel
- Sizes run small
- Inseam: 28", Front Rise: 9. 75"
- Measurements taken on size 6
- Select one size smaller for the perfect fit
Core 10 ‘Icon Series’ The Dare Devil High Waist Legging
If you want maximum grip and waist support, you need to find quality high waisted leggings, much like the Core 10 Icon Series Dare Devil High Waist Leggings. These leggings boast shape-shifting properties that cater to your movements without losing elasticity.
The problem with other high-rise bottoms is that they tend to roll down whenever you sit or move. With four-way stretch fabric, these leggings won’t let you have that dilemma. As a result, the fabric tucks in at the right places and keeps everything in place.
For starters, these leggings make use of nylon to ensure stretchability. As the fabric stretches lengthwise and widthwise, the high waistband stays in place, while the leg portion adjusts to accommodate a wide range of movement.
With the waistband resting 2 to 3 inches higher than the belly button, the leggings won’t easily slide down to your hips or thighs.
While the thin fabrics make the leggings lightweight, you can still feel a slight compression around the stomach area. This compression acts as additional support for the high waistband.
- High-rise legging with a four-way stretch fabric
- Waistband sucks in fat and lifts buttocks
- Inseam length may be too long for some people
- High-waisted legging made with 4-way stretch, moisture-wicking fabric featuring pintuck detailing...
- Reference our size chart to achieve the best fit
- Drop-in pocket at center back waistband fits a smartphone
Lyssé Cotton-Blend Capri Legging
When choosing leggings, you may immediately think of lightweight, moisture-resistant fabrics. However, some people may not like full-synthetic clothing. If you want to experience wearing the best cotton leggings, the Lyssé Cotton-Blend Capri Legging can provide you that super soft feel while still getting the convenience of synthetic leggings.
Since this pair predominantly uses cotton, you can wash and wear these leggings without destroying the fabric. Likewise, cotton is more wrinkle-resistant compared to synthetic fabrics.
Still, these leggings incorporate spandex and polyester to provide you that typical legging stretch and body-flattering effect. Note that the major use of this fabric means the fit isn’t the same as purely synthetic leggings. Nevertheless, you can achieve a great fit as long you pick the right size.
More than that, a 5-inch band rests high on the waist to act as an additional flattening feature.
Unlike other leggings, this pair has a Capri length, which means it looks longer than shorts, yet not as long as trousers. Hence, this length is appropriate for most leisurely occasions and nearly every work function.
- Cotton-synthetic blend to balance comfort and flexibility
- Well-constructed and wrinkle-resistant
- Inconsistent sizing
- LysséFit a hi-waist and soft stretch lining which ensures a great silhouette.
- Offered in a variety of solids and prints
Bioflect® FAR Infrared Therapy Micromassage Compression Legging
Whether you are active or not, the best compression leggings reduce muscle fatigue, improve blood circulation, and rebuild muscle tissues. If this is your first time wearing compression clothing, the Bioflect®’s FAR Infrared Therapy Micromassage Compression Leggings would be a great starting point, particularly for those with inflammatory conditions.
Even if these are medical compression leggings, you’ll only get a mild compression level of 15 to 20 mmHg, promoting pain recovery from minor muscle swellings. This is also suitable if you have aching legs from pregnancy, workouts, or constant working.
Being a therapy garment, these compression leggings use a microfiber blend of elastane and polyamide, which can enhance the body’s natural heat production. If you’ve been inactive, the inclusion of ripple knit fabric would stimulate blood circulation, help metabolism, and make your muscles feel refreshed.
Since the leggings have a high-rise waistband, you can also maximize the compression properties in the abdomen and lower back. Despite the extra firmness, the pull-on design makes it easy for you to wear and take off the leggings.
- Promotes cell regeneration, muscle healing, and improved blood circulation
- Stimulates inactive body
- Strong synthetic smell
- CONDITIONS: Helpful for fluid and water retention; painful swelling from heavy legs and arms; edema
- METHODS: Bio ceramic material, moderate compression with raised micro-massage knit
- OTHER USES: Compression for after-surgery; anti-cellulite, joint and muscle pain relief
Alo Yoga Women’s High Waisted Moto Legging
Have you experienced focusing on working out or casually sitting outdoors then you didn’t know you’ve displayed your underwear for everyone to see? Being the best non-see-through leggings, the Alo Yoga Women's High Waisted Moto Leggings provides opacity, durability, and functionality.
When choosing non-see-through leggings, you need a high-quality fabric that won’t stretch to sheerness. The nylon-spandex blend allows you to stick to your true size. Additionally, the four-way stretch fabric saves you from accidentally flashing your backside even in its light colors.
Even if you want to go commando, the leggings can hide your skin with the help of a lined gusset. More than that, a double-lined waistband creates extra hold. With such elasticity, these leggings can lift, sculpt, and contour your body.
These high-waist leggings also have a full-length cut designed for low to medium-intensity activities. Whether you want to run or lounge around, the mild compression properties will encourage proper blood flow. On the downside, the color may fade slightly over several washes.
- Fit nicely from the waist to the hem
- Sweat-free and highly elastic material
- Seams tend to dig into the skin
- Engineered to lift, sculpt, contour and smooth
- Wear-tested by our in-house team for the perfect fit
LinvMe Sexy See Through Sheer Nylon Leggings
While it’s first instinct to go with non-sheer leggings, there are some times when you would want to use the best see-through leggings to level up your outfits. Like the LinvMe Women's Sexy Sheer Leggings, you can get the usual benefits of leggings while showing off some skin.
Similar to a regular pair, see-through leggings must still have a non-tearing fabric. Even if these leggings use milk silk material, the thinness has elasticity properties that prevent the fabric from tearing up.
Despite having thinner fabric, the leggings can lift the buttocks and tone the muscles. The silky soft material can make you feel sexier and more confident.
Unlike tights or stockings, these see-through leggings utilize nylon for retaining warmth and removing moisture. The problem with other hosiery is that they tend to harbor bacteria and yeast infections because they are not breathable.
These leggings will make great complementary clothing if you love wearing tunics, long shirts, or mini skirts. Even the seams serve as details to leggings, forming some shimmer depending on the lighting.
- Lightweight and airy fabric
- Elastic yet non-tear construction
- Flare Capri length
- Size S:Fit Waist 60cm,Hips 62cm,Thigh Circumference 33cm
- Size M:Fit Waist 65cm,Hips 67cm,Thigh Circumference 34cm
- Size L:Fit Waist 70cm,Hips 72cm,Thigh Circumference 35cm
Fjallraven Women’s Abisko Trekking Leggings
You need proper hiking clothes to protect your body from weather and other trail elements. Being the best leggings for hiking, the Fjallraven Abisko Trekking Leggings allows you to walk through the terrain comfortably and safely without restricting mobility. These can be your go-to bottoms for extreme outdoor activities.
Combining nylon, elastane, and polyester, the leggings guarantee flexibility, which you need when swinging or jumping over boulders. Instead of an elastic waistband, these hiking leggings contain a drawstring for extra security.
When hiking for long periods, you would most likely encounter moisture and sweat. This blended material enables water to evaporate quickly, keeping you dry and fresh all the time.
Flatlock seams and crotch gusset also add protection to your body, especially when you need to kneel or sit on uneven surfaces. With that said, thorns and burrs won’t easily rip the leggings.
Finally, these hiking leggings include a map pocket on the right leg and a small zippered pocket on the left. You can also attach small hiking gear or a light jacket with a clip-on hook.
- Reinforced patches to protect high-pressure areas
- Drawstring, pockets, and clip-on hook
- Feels warm for summer hikes
Spanx Women’s Faux Leather Leggings
Leather leggings look edgier than typical leggings, yet real leather isn’t that breathable, eco-friendly, and comfortable. A compliment-grabber, the best faux leather leggings, the Spanx Women’s Faux Leather Leggings is a great alternative to classic leather pants that can upgrade your outfits all-year-round.
Being the brand that made vegan leggings famous, Spanx optimizes synthetic materials to produce seamless shapewear that shares the same comfort and body support properties as normal leggings.
With nylon as the dominant fabric, the leggings still feel like regular leggings. Since this pair doesn’t contain real leather, these leggings use a black sheen coating to make the fabric look like authentic leather. Unlike genuine leather clothing, these leggings won’t retain moisture or scratches.
The waistband meets the natural waistline, providing a contouring and sculpting fit, making sure nothing jiggles. The high waistband also stops the fabric from rolling down. Meanwhile, the lack of center seams also equates to the absence of unflattering stitches.
The good thing is that the leggings come in a myriad of sizes. Even with petite sizing, women smaller than 5.5 feet can still enjoy an ankle-length cut.
- Built-in waistband acting as a shapewear
- Ultra-comfort, high-gloss fabric
- Scrunches around the knees and ankles
What Makes the Best Leggings
Knowing which features make the best leggings will help you make a better, informed decision. Investing in the best leggings lets you enjoy function and fashion. With these features, leggings can support your movements, whether for work, exercise, going out, or staying at home.
Comparing Leggings Features
|Lysse Ponte||Ankle-length||No||High rise|
|Kindred Bravely||Ankle-length||Yes||High rise|
|Homma Premium||Ankle-length||No||High rise|
|90 Degree||Ankle-length||Yes||High rise|
|Calvin Klein||Ankle-length||No||High rise|
|Core 10||7/8||Yes||High rise|
|Train times||7/8||Yes||High rise|
|Core 10 Yoga Pant||Ankle-length||Yes||High rise|
|Core 10 Icon Series||Ankle-length||Yes||High rise|
|Lysse Capri||Capri||Yes||Mid rise|
|Alo Yoga||Ankle-length||No||High rise|
Breathable and Moisture-Wicking Materials
The best leggings wouldn’t leave you all sweaty and stinky, mainly because of fabrics combining lightweight, moisture-wicking, and breathable qualities. However, you still need to consider your needs and activities when choosing the material.
For instance, natural fibers such as cotton and rayon provide the softest touch, yet the threads tend to hold onto sweat. Meanwhile, man-made fibers like elastane, spandex, polyester, and nylon brag unparalleled sweat-wicking properties.
More than that, you also have to consider the weather, especially if you’re wearing the leggings outdoors. Organic materials provide warmth for colder seasons, while synthetic fabrics enable the body to cool off during hotter days.
Stretchable Yet Durable Construction
The finest leggings offer flexibility and functionality. They allow free movement in any direction without slipping or ripping out. While natural fibers don’t offer the same elasticity as synthetic fabrics, combining them in leggings provide a balance between stretchability and comfort.
Fabrics can either have a two-way or four-way stretch. A two-way stretch lets leggings expand in a single direction, whereas a four-way stretch adjusts vertically and horizontally for a better range of movement.
This technology helps the leggings retain form and opacity, so there’s no fabric distortion or sheerness as you flex. Likewise, stretchable leggings can hold up your shape without wearing out quickly.
Flattering Fit and Length
The fit can impact the comfort level and ability to function. Even if leggings have a snug fit, you may constantly pull them up if you choose a size larger than your actual measurements. Meanwhile, the size may be too small if you pinch and pull the material all the time.
The length of the leggings also affects the fit. If the hem’s too long for your legs, the material may look unflattering or bunch around the ankles. Thus, consider the style when choosing the best leggings.
- Full-length: Also known as ankle length, this style contains hems that extend to the bottom of the legs. This is ideal if you want full coverage when running outdoors or you want to elongate the legs visually.
- Capri: The length usually extends below the knee or around mid-calf. This style is more suitable if you want more coverage than shorts, yet less constricting like ankle-length leggings.
- 7/8: Length that cuts right below the calf and above the ankle. This one creates a full-length-kind look for shorter women.
Supportive Waistband and Rise
The rise indicates how high the waistband of the leggings rest on the waist and hips. Aside from snugness, a higher rise with a broad waistband helps the leggings stay put.
You can choose a high-rise style if you want the waistband to smoothen the look of the stomach. A mid-rise style can also do this, yet with less coverage. Meanwhile, a low-rise style can make your buttocks and hips appear curvier.
Functional Add-Ons and Designs
The best leggings also include some unexpected yet convenient features such as:
- Pockets: Ready for a run yet you don’t know how to carry a phone, cash, and keys? A lot of leggings now include waist or side pockets to help you bring essentials.
- Gusseted Crotch: Some people steer away from leggings because the fit sometimes causes unwanted lines. The good thing is that leggings now add a gusseted crotch as an extra layer of cover and also to help the inseam expand.
- Compression: Leggings with compression technology increases blood flow to speed up muscle recovery, resulting in improved breathing and performance. If you get exhausted easily while exercising or doing chores, the compression helps alleviate body soreness and fatigue.
- Colors or Prints: Leggings come in a variety of patterns and colors, letting you express your personality in each pair. While this one may depend on your clothing style, you still need to check if the prints look flattering and won’t create unpleasant marks.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Can the Best Leggings Last?
The best leggings can last between 1 to 2 years without losing their elasticity and opaqueness. However, this depends on the type of material used.
For instance, you might need to replace your spandex leggings after a period of 6 to 8 months if you wear them regularly.
Are There Leggings for Older People?
Generally, body shapes tend to change as you age, and the best leggings might be the high-waisted styles such as the Homma premium high-waisted leggings. Normally, a high waist helps to support the elderly by compressing the waist area.
Are There Leggings That Can Hide Pantie Lines?
Yes, there are leggings to hide pantie lines. Leggings such as the Lululemon Train Time Pants are high-waisted with a thick texture and can effectively hide pant lines.
However, you should consider wearing seamless panties to make sure that there are no stitching lines visible even when you bend.
Leggings have evolved into being more fashion-oriented over the years. I have so many selections now that can be worn for different occasions. Without losing their functionality for exercise, these best leggings selections can keep up with your comfort-focused lifestyle.